* Isaiah's finger is healing well - he will have his stitches removed in three days. He takes the bandages off at LEAST twice a day and walks around the house with an eternal "This Little Light of Mine" pose.
* I got new exercise shoes! (I had a rather large setback with my 21 day plan so I have regrouped and am now back at it, with a little twist that works better. It feels so good to MOVE.) Probably an unknown fact about me ~ I wear a size 11 or 12 shoe! Thankfully I am tall so I do not look like I am always wearing snow shoes, but I'll tell you what ... it makes finding shoes very difficult! I am rarely, if ever, able to find shoes on sale because I either have to shop at Nordstrom or online since the average store (especially the discount stores) do not carry larger sizes. And if they do, my selection consists of neon green sneakers with an orange stripe down the side or a chunky metallic shoe with a 4 inch heel. Really? That is the best you can do for large-footed women?
I found these snazzy PINK numbers at shoes.com and they are so good to my feet. I actually look forward to lacing them up for a work out! If only the shoes could do the work FOR me and yield the same results. Ho hum.
* Tonight we are having dinner with some old friends - at the beach! They invited all of us - The Eastman Eight - for an evening of tri-tip, fun, and beach walking. I am really looking forward to it!
* I had an amazing conversation with a friend last night, which was supposed to be for her, but ended up ministering to me in a significant way. I love it when that happens ... you think you have something to offer, but the Lord turns it around and shows you things you need to see and prune in your own heart. A godly and Biblically-centered conversation never returns void!
* I cannot sleep with my feet under the covers - they have to be outside in the fresh air.
* I know every single lyric to the song "Rapper's Delight" by the Sugarhill Gang. I love old school hip hop/rap - when the lyrics were clean and non violent. I am a major rhythm and beat junkie - the more percussion the better! I learned "Rapper's Delight" in junior high and never forgot the words. Thankfully, I know more Scripture than rap songs so I can still get into heaven. HA!
* I love SPEED. If I could ride in a speed boat, fly in a jet, or race a hot rod once a week I would be a very happy woman.
* I have been craving the Psalms lately. I know why - it is because of Joanne and the young woman and the way their stories have affected my life ... the Psalms bring comfort and perspective and a full serving of God's promises. I feel like I am being enveloped in them and I am soaking in every moment I spend pouring over the pages.
* I could eat Mexican food every day of the week.
* I could eat ice cream every night of the week.
* When I told my groom that his icon, Jack Lalane, died this week, he looked at me and asked, "Did he work out right before he died?" This coming from a man who on his 43rd birthday did three of the most difficult workouts possible and when asked why responded, "Because I CAN." I, ate mint chip ice cream.
* I am paralyzingly afraid of snakes and spiders.
* I love giraffes.
* I wish I knew how to dance.
* I love getting pedicures and wish I could go every week.
* Laughing is my favorite thing to do in the ENTIRE world. Make me laugh and I am your friend for life.
* I never feel like I do enough. I could always be serving more. Encouraging someone more. Listening better. Loving more purely. Thinking of others more than myself. I am not sure I will ever feel completely content with how I spend my time. I feel like I waste countless hours every day because I am just not looking hard enough for ways to serve. Hmmm ... something to pray about.
* I feel an incredible burden to start seeing others as God sees them.
I am not always good at that. I need to improve.
* The one benefit of knowing I will never be pregnant again is the joy of having only one wardrobe. I am looking forward to getting my body back, finding some fun staple pieces and starting to build a wardrobe that I can use for a lifetime. I am a classic, linear, clean dresser ... a great pair of slacks, pretty sweaters, feminine dresses, fantastic shoes, and a few fun pieces of jewelry make me feel like a million bucks!
* I like salty more than sugary - but together - Wow!
* I love watching my kids enjoy each other. I mean, complete, uninterrupted joy as they are absorbed in an activity together. When I hear words of encouragement, or "good job", or see them do a random act of kindness just because ~ I am on cloud nine.
* I love my husband. Not because of all the things he does for me, for our children, or for our family. I just love HIM.
* And I will never cease to stand in awe when I read God's Word and am reminded that He WANTS me. He PURSUES me. He DESIRES me. How could life get any sweeter?